Listed below are some good practices to follow when putting up your antenna’s
1. At least two people to do the job. Three is better.
ii. Overall good condition
iii. Safety Rope / use of it while climbing
1. Good Hooks (able to hold 400 pounds)
3. No Mold inside ( twist open to inspect it )
1. Roomy, not packed full
1. Close fitting, not sloppy, not tight
2. Gloves ( for protection and warmth )
ii. Strength - able to withstand strong winds (75 mph?)
iii. No Insulators (not necessary and not needed)
iv. Use cable eyelets to wrap cable
v. Use two fasteners on cables
vi. Don’t over tighten cables
vii. Use good links to guy cable to tower
viii. Use good swivel eyelets to fasten cable to tower.
These are just a few things that may help you have a safer antenna installation.
Also keep in mind where your electric power lines are
when doing this project!
Copyright © 2004-2011 JAW Communications. All rights reserved
Elkhart County Radio Association